Eccentric Locking Collar Mounting
- Make sure the frame on which the unit is going to be mounted is rigid. The mounting surface should also be clean and flat.
- Make sure that the end of the shaft is free of any burrs.
The end of the set screw in the eccentric collar should not protrude into the bore of the collar.
- Insert the shaft into the bore of the bearing.
- Mount the housing of the unit using the appropriate bolts.
- Match the eccentric groove on the collar with the eccentric groove on the bearing inner ring.
- Turn the collar by hand in the direction of shaft rotation.
- To set the collar, insert a punch into the hole in the O.D. of the collar.
- Tap the punch so that the collar turns in the direction of shaft rotation.